Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Frogs keep moving, one frame at a time

Today was a long day. I spent the first hour at the studio listening to Cat Stevens and covering up the windows to stop the daylight from pouring in so I can keep the light consistent. I didn’t have to worry about it when I began animating last night. Also, I forgot what a great song “Daytime” is. I got a lot of animation done today, most of it dialogue shots. I’m up to 27 seconds now. I’m hoping to do twice as much tomorrow.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I did something really stupid this evening. Halfway through a really long shot, I accidentally stepped on the off switch to my power strip, turning off my camera and computer mid shot. I turned them back on and tried to salvage the shot, but the camera (which is digital) automatically changed it’s exposer and color balance as it rebooted up and I couldn’t get it to match the frames before it exactly. It was close, but not close enough and I had to scrap 50 frames, and do a cut away where I wasn’t planning on having one so I wouldn’t have to scrap an additional 50 frames. In the end, I think it looks better with the cut away, but I lost a lot of time. Oh well, I’ve learned my lesson. When animating, don’t have the on/off switch to your power strip right under your feet.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I’m so sleepy. Time for me to go to bed.

1 comment:

Bre said...

I am so in love with you. I know, that has absolutely nothing to do with animation. But since you have no cell phone service at the studio, and if you did, I would be telling you that, I guess it's kinda related. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!! WOO HOO!! And I can't wait to see all the work you've been doing, and see your studio all set up (of course, without me there, it's incomplete...tee hee). I just love you so much! Night, Babe!