Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Spring Break's Over, Time To Get Back To Work

Wow, sorry for almost two weeks of no posts. It has been a crazy week and a half. I flew to New York for my first Comic Convention ever where I got to meet with and talk to a lot of wonderful professionals, many of whom had a great influence on me growing up. Specifically Kevin Eastman (The creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and Jeff Smith (the Bone comics). I spent many of my early years drawing their characters over and over again, they’re work really shaped me into the artist I am today. I also got the chance to do some self-promotion while there. Overall it was a great experience. I was there for a week (While there I also went to the Met and some Broadway shows) and when I got back to California, some car trouble kept me from getting back to the mountains for another half a week. I made use of that time though, and did some artwork and visited San Francisco’s WonderCon. Now I’m back, though, and so ready to get back to work. I have a tiny bit of post-production work left to do on Frog Family, and I’m beginning pre-production on my next piece, so please stay tuned, as I’ll hopefully have much more updates on that soon. I’ll leave you with the color version of the promotional flyer I threw together for WonderCon.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: