Sunday, May 13, 2007

Big Chunk Completed Today

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today I animated a fairly long shot with these two fellas and I have to admit, I’m very proud. They stayed in place the entire time, they hardly caused any trouble. Not to say there wasn’t any. One problem was with the little guy in the back. His head fell off mid shot, falling about a foot (which is far for a little clay head). Luckily his guardian angel must have been around because the back side of the head hit that ground, keeping his face from smashing in. That would not have been fun. There’s nothing I hate more than getting a couple seconds into a shot and then having to start over again. The other obstacle I had to face was 5 seconds into the shot (lets not think how many frames that is), I bumped the tripod and couldn’t get it back into position. So my dad (who was helping me out today) and I decided to use a trick we developed a few years back. We just went with it as a cue to have the camera do a little sweep into the scene and it looks really great. It moves on cue with the music so it looks very intentional. This is the only time in this film where I have a moving camera, and it makes the scene look much more three-dimensional. Another happy accident blesses the project. I’m very close to completing the film, hopefully only a week away. I can’t wait to share it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: